A monument has been rebuilt to recognize the historical and economic significance of mining in Mohave County. It was dedicated Sept. 23, 2017. The original was torn down in the 1940's.
The monument is on Forth Street in historic downtown Kingman. C. Russel, a local artist rebuilt it and added a time capsule in it. Russell also built the small mining cart complete with a staff for an American flag. The cart was placed atop the monument before the dedication ceremony.
Various rock specimens including tuff, flagstone, agate and copper ore from around Mohave County have been used to decorate the monument. It is 10 feet tall and eight feet square at the bottom.
It is located between the depot and 4th street.